Tuesday, April 12, 2011

39 + 2

Well, for the last several months I have been having a lot of people tell me they think I will have the baby "early." Let me just say...that is NOT a good thing to listen to! I bought into it, and was pretty sure Peanut would be here by now! Rachelle and Bennett were here last week for their Spring Break...what a GREAT time to have a baby! Nope, Peanut's not buying it. Still in there enjoying him/herself.

There was a ton of activity last week, lot of wiggling and squirming (there's really not enough room to full-on "kick" anymore!). So I thought, we must be getting ready for arrival!. Apparently that was Peanut saying "I'm happy right where I am and have no intention of leaving any time soon!"

I had an appointment with Kathi today. Weight is the same as last time (total weight gain = 19 lbs.), Baby's heart rate is 136, my blood pressure is 120/78, measuring 38 cm. All is good! I'm really not having Braxton-Hicks (not feeling them, anyway), no other changes. BUT Peanut's back has been along the right side for over 2 months, and sometime in the last 6 days has switched to the left. Phoebe did the same thing shortly before birth, so I'm taking that as a good sign!

Kathi's instructions for today: DON'T wait until the water breaks to call her. She thinks it may not happen until right before delivering. Call her when something changes, and she will plan to head over when contractions are 5-7 minutes apart. We'll see how that goes...they were erratic with Phoebe up until I was pushing. So if they're still bouncing around but APPROACHING 5-7 minutes, we'll give her a call. She doesn't want to miss this one!

Estimated due date is Saturday the 16th, and there is a Supermoon on Monday the 18th...I think this weekend is looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment